This Caribbean girl at heart floored us with her images for February. Although she lives in the UK, she is grounded by her Caribbean roots. Get to know our February model, Symara.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Why modelling and when did you first begin modelling?
Symara: I’m a London girl, British born. My heart is in the Caribbean and my soul in Africa!!
No idea, it was something that just happened ”literally” at a time where I really didn’t know what direction to go in my life, and the rest I guess is history. I started 7 years ago, firstly as a side thing, then part time, then full blown full time! It has been an awesome journey.
2. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
Symara: Keep doing me, to never compromise in my beliefs and my character.
3. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and what would you say to them?
Symara: A bit deep on this one, Christopher Columbus, [I would tell him] head back to the UK and stay there
4. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you take with you?
Symara: A bag of books, a bag of plain paper, pencil and sharpener set
6. Five things you can’t live without
- Sweet things
7. What makeup items are a must have for you daily?
Symara:I honestly try to wear make up as little as possible but eyeliner (currently using inglot) for me is an essential
8. What three items do you take when you leave your house every day?
- Mobile phone
9. How do you prepare for a modelling shoot?
Symara: I pack my basic make up kit (foundation, concealer, powder, eyeliner), take one pair of black heels, make sure I look presentable and fresh and I’m ready to go.
10. Do you work out?
Symara: Yes, I do some cardio but along with that this year I’m going to delve into some yoga. I tried it and my body really needed it!
11. Tell us about your diet?
Symara: I have been lactose free for pretty much my whole life so there is no dairy in my diet. I stopped eating meat about a year ago, I’m still eating fish. Maybe I’ll stop eating fish and become a proper veggie, maybe not…
12. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Symara: A traditional Caribbean dinner, so that would be something like rice & peas, stew fish, provisions (plantain etc).
13. If you weren’t modelling what would you be doing?
Symara: I would have been a barrister I guess. I don’t like to think too much about what I ‘could of’ been’, more of who and what I’m striving to become.
14. What was your most challenging modelling experience?
I haven’t had anything super challenging. I have shot in the desert (where people usually go for a few hours and head back due to the heat, and we stayed a whole day. But that wasn’t a challenge for me. If it was super cold (which I haven’t experienced yet) that would be my toughest experience.
15. And what does beauty mean to you?
Symara: Beauty to me is everything around me, there is beauty in all things. From trees, animals, people, seasons, life, death.
16. Please tell us your favourites:
- Color: Blue
- Item of clothing: My Blue Hat
- Food: Smoked Salmon
- Drink: Red Wine
- Perfume: I don’t usually wear perfume, but currently Guilty Gucci
- Designer: Balmain
- Song: Sundown syndrome – Tame Impala
- Celebrity: None