1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Why modelling and when did you first begin modelling?
Lina: My name is Lina Dornieden, I’m a 17 year old college student and I’m from St. Vincent and the Grenadines. I’m mixed with Vincentian and German. My physique hasn’t changed much over the years. I’ve always been the tall, slender young lady who doesn’t walk as casual as I should “they say”.
Growing up on the largest Grenadine island, Bequia, I started in 2010 doing small photoshoots at home with my older sister. Things blew up when the following year I stumbled upon an Elite Model Look Caribbean casting, and found myself in the top 10 then in the top 2 selected to represent St. Vincent and the Grenadines in Trinidad in the following months. I was 12 at the time, and the publicity gave me a wider perspective of the industry I had just placed myself in.
2. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
Lina: “What’s worth doing is worth doing well”, by my mother.
3. Since we last saw you in May 2015, what has changed?
Lina: To answer this I literally have to scan through the months in my mind to try and remember what has happened over the past year. By the grace of God, I passed all my CXC subjects and I got accepted into college. I must say the journey has been difficult because it’s really a whole different ball game when you get to college. But as the good advice that’s constantly given says, ‘You get out what you put in’. So if you want it, you’d reach for it. I would say I’ve grown, I let a lot of things off my chest before I came into the New Year.
Modeling wise, so far 2016 has been my year to redeem myself after a small break. I’ve had multiple photoshoots and before the month is finished I have 3 more to do for different clients. So I may look composed….but I’m always thinking. As small as the industry may be in St.Vincent, my mind is always wondering outside the box. My heels don’t stay off my feet for long.
4. How has your modeling career blossomed since working with Paragon?
Lina: The local support has been amazing. Being a paragon model I’ve been identified as someone with an even higher standard. When I’m approached as a paragon model, I am always respected. Paragon is fun and it’s family. I’m at a point where I don’t know what I’d do without my fellow models, executive members and manager.
5. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and what would say to them?
Lina: Ellen Degeneres and I think I would just share difference between our atmospheres.
6. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you take with you?
- A lighter
- A bottle of water
- A knife
7. If I was to open your fridge, what would I see?
Lina: Juice, ketchup, eggs, food.. Some sort of food always in my fridge
8. Five things you can’t live without:
- Church worshiping
- My phone
9. What makeup items are a must have for you daily?
Lina: Mascara and Lipstick
10. What three items do you take when you leave your house every day?
- My phone
11. How do you prepare for a modeling shoot?
Lina: I drink lots of water and I get to the venue at least half an hour early. I usually over pack because some shoots become very spontaneous.
12. Do you work out?
Lina: Now and again but I walk a lot!
13. Tell us about your diet
Lina: I try and stay away from sodas. If I drink juice, it has to be fruit juice. Food wise I eat everything except shell fish, some vegetables and ground provision. I’m trying to get accustomed to different vegetables but sometimes I get stubborn.
14. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Lina: Lasagna. Nothing more nothing less.
15. If you weren’t modeling what would you be doing?
Lina: If I wasn’t modeling I’d probably put most of my interest into dancing. I also work part time with a music producer so I would more than likely spend more time in the office.
16. What was your most challenging modeling experience?
Lina: At first it was difficult dealing with the rejection from agents and/or agencies. Then it became extremely difficult dealing with the negativity from persons who would make comments on social media. But I’ve gotten to a point where I realized that it wouldn’t be the full package if I didn’t have a bit of negativity to balance me and push myself forward.
17. And what does beauty mean to you?
Lina: Beauty is where you find comfort within your skin and accept your flaws.
18. Please about your favourites
- Color: Black will forever be my colour
- Item of clothing: Rompers or bodycon dresses
- Food: Lasagna
- Drink: Passion fruit juice
- Perfume: Salvatore Ferragamo
- Designer: Coco Chanel
- Song: Scars to Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara
- Celebrity: Cindy Bruna
- Kareen Quow
- Lamesha Forde