Hey guys! Today I will be reviewing three products from Darcy’s Botanicals, please note that this is a sponsored review. However, thoughts and opinions are 100% mine and I was not paid to give this review.
INGREDIENTS: Distilled Water, Cocoa Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, BTMS (conditioning emulsifier), Olive Oil, Organic Palm Oil, Wildflower Honey, Candelilla Wax, Cetyl Esters, Panthenol, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (a paraben-free preservative), Vanilla, Coffee Oil, and Cocoa Absolute.
CONSISTENCY: According to the product description, this is supposed to be a whip. However, the batch I received was very much a liquid and lacked the consistency a whip is supposed to have. After noticing this, I mixed it with a spatula and even tried storing at a cooler temperature to achieve a different texture. None of the above tweaks proved successful.
(Insert photo #2)
SMELL: Slight vanilla scent, did not get any hints of cocoa.
- Very moisturizing. I used it on freshly washed hair with no leave-in and was able to retain moisture for two days without re-moisturising.
- Even though I did not get the cocoa scent that was used to describe this product, the clean, vanilla smell was very appealing to me.
- Lots of hold when doing twists or bantu-knots. This was very surprising as I usually only get a good hold when using heavier products.
(Insert photo #3)
- Packaging: Because the consistency was that of a liquid it was very difficult to manipulate the product during application. This proved to be a very messy and awkward task.
THOUGHTS: Although I would use this product again, I am not quite sure I would purchase unless guaranteed a texture comparable to a whip/soufflé. I was very disappointed with the consistency and can use other moisturising creams that are packaged appropriately.
Coconut Cupuacu Butter
(Insert photo #4)
INGREDIENTS: Castor Oil, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Cupuacu Butter, Organic Shea Butter, Ucuuba Fruit Butter, Beeswax, and Fragrance.
CONSISTENCY: Thick and heavy buttery texture.
(Insert photo #5)
SMELL: A mixture of cocoa butter, chocolate and vanilla.
- Smells great
- Good sealant
- Ingredients that my hair loves (especially the castor oil and cupuacu butter)
- Gives a nice sheen
- Appropriate packaging
(Insert photo #6)
- Does not smooth down frizz on my hair.
- Contains beeswax which builds up very quickly and attracts dust easily.
THOUGHTS: I really like the scent and texture of this butter. I would definitely purchase and possibly add to my list of favorite products. A little goes a long way!
INGREDIENTS: Botanical infusion of Distilled Water, Organic Nettle, Organic Peppermint leaves, Organic Burdock Root, Organic Horsetail, Organic Marshmallow Root, Organic Coltsfoot, Organic Sage, Organic Hibiscus Flowers, Organic Kelp, Organic Sea Moss, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Aloe Juice, Dead Sea Salt, Tangerine, Peppermint, & Tea Tree Essential Oils, and a paraben free preservative.
- A great way to refresh my parched curls after a long day in the sun.
- Ingredients my hair loves, especially the Aloe, peppermint and tea tree oils.
- Appropriate packaging (I really love the spray bottle).
- Did not remind me in any way of anything herbal
- Did nothing for my scalp. This was a bit disappointing as I usually expect products that contain peppermint to be stimulating when I apply to my scalp.
- No detangling at all as was mentioned on the bottle.
THOUGHTS: Won’t purchase or use again because of the fact that I had to use lots of this product in order to get the required moisture for my hair.