If you’re anything like me, packing is one of your least favourite parts of travelling. I’m never certain exactly where I’ll end up or what I’ll want to wear so I try to be prepared for any eventuality. And then guess what? I never actually need all the things I pack.
If you’re planning a trip to a Caribbean island, I suggest keeping things as simple as possible without letting style fall by the wayside. The beaches, the food and the overall vibe of the Caribbean call for uncomplicated and effortless chic with a hint of practicality.
- For example, when the sea beckons or those sun-kissed beaches call, you’ll want the perfect swim suit (or two) that covers as little or as much of your body as you want.
- If you prefer a simple stroll along the beach before popping into one of the many restaurants we have in the region, an easy, comfortable maxi dress will be perfect for most daytime activities.
- Be sure to pack a pair of sandals as well. They take up very little space and are just as comfortable as flip-flops while being a little more stylish. Bonus points if they’re in a vibrant colour.
- In keeping with our super comfy vibe, linen or linen blend pants will keep you cool if you opt for an island tour or go liming with friends on a Sunday afternoon.
- No matter what you do, don’t forget sunglasses. Not only do they add a fashionable element but they protect your eyes from the Caribbean sun which can be quite vicious.
- Of course, you’re going to need something to carry all your belongings in and what’s better than a tote bag? Neutral, brightly coloured or transparent, it’s your call. I like the transparent one because you can see what you want easily without having to search frantically.
- Finally, you’ll need a small, lightweight camera if you want to show your friends and family your fun island style. Plus, you’ll want to share all those things the Caribbean is known whether it is the Pitons in St Lucia, Harrison’s Cave in Barbados or Dunn’s River Falls in Jamaica.